Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You're doing a great job.

Last week, a young girl in Europe wrote me via my website saying she wanted to be "a bit more like me." I seemed contented to her, she said, and subsequently my music filled her with a calmness and peace.

I wrote her back to remind her that she IS like me. That she too has the capacity to be content, and that I'm merely reflecting that back to her. More importantly, I reminded her that we all have a peace inside of us to access, and that - though sometimes its hard to see - this peace is often found on the other side of struggle.

She wrote back to say that she faces many challenges in her life, and it seems like i have the "perfect life," to which I then reassured her that...no, my life is not perfect, and I too have seen my fair share of tough experiences throughout my past. "I'm human too," I said, and I deal with that every day.

I shared with her that music became a peaceful refuge for me and a place to experience the world as I FEEL it or at least how I WANT to feel it, on those days when I'm having a hard time.

Everyone has that ability to work through their challenging experiences by doing something creative or meditative, and often times they develop their special gifts and talents because of it.

To better understand what I'm speaking of, I recommend watching a movie called, "Buck." Have you seen it? Its a beautiful story about a "horse whisperer" of sorts, who had a very hard life, and through his experiences, he developed a sensitivity and a profound compassion for animals...particularly horses. (more at http://buckthefilm.com/)



It's a story that demonstrates transformation of Pain into Peace. Fear into Love. Dark into Light.

I love the opening quote of the trailer - "Your horse is a mirror to your soul. Sometimes you might not like what you see...sometimes you will."

Right now, during this time in our planet's history, we are all collectively facing some of our biggest personal challenges. Life is RIGHT NOW SHOWING US EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO SEE, even if it might be hard to look it. So as you're facing all of that icky stuff, remember...

You're doing a great job.

You are Love,
and you are Loved.
You are Peace,
and you have everything you need.

You are not perfect, and yet you ARE perfect, just the way you ARE.

And finally...

You're not in this alone - we're here to LOVE and support one another.
Because none of our lives are "perfect"...
even if it appears that way on facebook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment